REF: Sales Administrator
My client are looking for someone to take responsibility for sales administration - this role includes liaising with sales team, customers, processing orders, checking customer credit limits, ensuring orders are processed and goods dispatched in a timely manner.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage all activities relating to sales administration from receipt of purchase orders to safe delivery of goods
- Maintain good, friendly, professional and open dialogue with clients
- Supporting the sales team, dealing with customer queries and fielding sales calls
- Dealing with sales calls and e-mails when sales staff are out / away and alerting sales or technical staff of any urgent issues
- Updating and maintaining client records
- Sales order processing
- Ensure you are familiar with all pricing
- Check correct pricing on all customer purchase orders and deal with pricing errors and discrepancies with the client
- Check contact and delivery details are correct and accurate
- Check client credit status before releasing any goods
- Liaising with carriers and freight forwarders
- Arrange collection and tracking of goods to customers
- Produce required paperwork for export documentation (training will be provided)
- Dealing with occasional letters of credit (training will be provided)
- Liaise with Warehouse Manager including stock availability
- Liaise with Warehouse Manager to obtain weights and dimensions to quote for shipping costs to clients
- Assist in warehouse with picking and processing orders on occasions when Warehouse Manager is away
- Assist Financial Controller with credit control / collection of overdue accounts
- Provide cover for consumable sales order processing when Consumable Sales Executive is absent
- In due course to assist with purchasing administration when Purchasing Administrator is absent
- Liaise with sales team giving regular updates regarding orders / queries
- In conjunction with Purchasing Administrator assist with staff / guest travel, accommodation, flights, car hire etc.
- Sending out sales and marketing packs and franking post before collection
- Assist in organization of staff events / days out / Christmas etc
- Updating internal staff telephone directory
- Manage kitchen cleaning rota
- Petty cash
- Responsible for staff birthday cards
- Ensure we have enough, coffee, tea, sugar and milk
- Assist with sandwiches / finger buffet when guests are in over lunchtime
Qualities we are looking for
The candidate must be numerate with a good telephone manner and able to build a strong relationship with our clients.
Excellent organizational skills are required with an attention to detail. There will be times when the candidate will be working under time pressure to get orders processed to meet deadlines.
In addition the candidate will be fully at home using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Experience using Sage accounting software would be an asset and / or experience in other accounting software would be an advantage.
We are seeking a candidate that is proactive rather than reactive, enabling them to plan ahead. The candidate should be efficient and care about accuracy, willing to go the extra mile when needed.
In return you will join a friendly, dynamic and professional business that can offer you the opportunity to progress, and a very competitive salary.