A Company based in Poole are looking for a Product Manager, the Company provide support services to the Education sector and you will be leading a dynamic team in a fast paced environment. You will be working to design, build and roll out products that deliver the Company's vision and strategy and initially will be focused on the Company's flagship product, a Budget Management Software. You will be developing products by conducting market research, generating products requirements, determining specifications and produce timetable and plans for product introduction.
You must have great commercial awareness and be able to research competitors and find out what they are doing and stay ahead of competitors. You will ideally have finance and budget experience as well as work experience of working as part of product development team. You will have good customer focus too.
Duties and responsibilities include;
- gain and maintain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps
- generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- gain and maintain a thorough understanding of the education business industry
- determine customers needs and wishes by determining and specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- collate and appraise new product and product enhancement ideas
- work closely with developers, marketing and sales teams
- evaluate promotional plans to ensure they are consistent with product line strategy
- act as a product evangelist to build awareness, understanding and excitement
- Represent the company by attending exhibitions and meetings, acting as an SME to offer in-depth knowledge and advice.
- assess market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors products.
- understand product market share by working with Sales Manager and marketing team to help develop product sales strategies.
- assess product market data by calling on customers along with the sales and marketing teams and evaluating call results.
- provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
The Company have teams that are very customer focused, delivering high levels of service and very knowledgeable in their areas. They have an excellent reputation within the education arena. Lovely offices with free parking on site.
This is a full time, permanent role.
Salary £33,000 - £34,000pa