A fantastic opportunity to join a well established and respected Poole based Company as part of their Reservations team. You will be dealing with all booking requests, enquiries and convert these into confirmed freight reservations and sailing times. You will be dealing and working closely with regular clients and Companies, both inbound and outbound calls, emails and as a first point of contact for these clients, you will be providing a high level of customer service, managing requirements and dealing with issues as and when they arise.
You must be able to speak both French and Spanish or either one of these languages as well as excellent English.
Responsibilities and duties include;
- Taking and responding to booking enquiries via phone, fax or email
- Confirming booking reservations, wait listing or offering alternatives reservation slots
- Search for bookings and follow up on bookings over a 24 hour period, contacting clients to ensure all confirmed and gather any missing details
- Check acceptability of hazardous and abnormal vehicles
- Check shipments of livestock vehicles in line with legislation
- To send SMS/Email messages to clients when sailings are disrupted or cancelled and deal with any issues raised from this.
- Work closely with Sales and other Departments
- You will be using reservations own database systems and full training on systems, dangerous good and procedures will be given.
You must be proactive, confident and comfortable with working in a small team as well as at times working on your own. The office is a lovely environment, very friendly and calm however can be hectic especially during times of disrupted or cancelled sailings so needs someone who can still calmly perform in a hectic environment. You must be trustworthy and maintain levels of confidentiality at all times.
This is a full time permanent role, office hours are 8am - 6pm and you will work on a shift system, 8am - 4.30pm or 9.30am - 6pm, flexibility is needed at busier times and you will be expected to work 1 weekend in 6 (weekend hours 8am - 2.30pm) and weekend shifts can be worked at home.
Salary starting at £19,229 - £20,310 this included bonuses for the additional languages.
Position to start immediately