REF: Environmental Health Officer
My client in the Bournemouth area is looking for an Environmental Health Officer to join them on a temporary basis (this may become permanent for the right person).
The main duties of this role include:
- To carry out reactive and proactive enforcement work within professional area and within the business unit's system for prioritising inspection risks.
- To take a lead in addressing allocated complex and high profile enforcement matters within specialist area, including investigating, interviewing, making recommendations and reporting.
- To prepare reports and guidance on behalf of the department, including legal reports for prosecution and specialist reports in relation to area of expertise.
- To maintain, enhance and develop own area of expertise, keeping abreast of new legislation and taking the lead of advising managers as required on developments.
- To use best practice in taking and keep evidence, making records, giving statements, giving evidence and making representation in the Law Courts etc.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be highly literate and numerate.
- Either a graduate or a qualification in Environmental Health.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in working within the specific field of work.
- General enforcement competency and background, thorough understanding on legislative interpretation and legal/court processes.
- Have a positive, friendly and approachable nature.
- Be flexible, able to vary approach to match circumstances.
This position is to start immediately.
The salary for this role is £16.50.
This is a full time position, 37 hours per week.