REF: Contracts Manager
Our client based in Poole are looking for a Contracts Manager, this is an exciting opportunity to join their Legal Department and provide clear and consistent legal and commercial support to the business groups across a number of regions.
This position would suit a newly qualified Solicitor wishing to broaden their commercial experience or an LPC graduate (or equivalent) with a good knowledge of commercial law and solid experience working within a busy in-house team. The role is varied, fast paced and requires excellent attention to detail so you must be a fast learner and willing to get involved across multiple areas of the business.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating Commercial Contracts for both customers and suppliers
- Reviewing all Non-Disclosure Agreements across UK and Asia Pacific offices and supporting the business teams to negotiate terms.
- Reviewing and negotiating financial security instruments including Bank Guarantees, Letters of Credit and Parent Company Guarantees.
- Supporting the internal business teams
- Reviewing and negotiating disputes.
- Assisting Legal management with different projects as they arise.
- Ability to understand and assimilate the Company guiding principles and risk philosophy and apply this to all areas of work.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and effectively manage business expectations, meet deadlines and prioritise work as necessary.
- A willingness and eagerness to learn new skills, expand knowledge and develop existing skills.
- Strong and effective communication skills are essential for this role (both verbal and written).
- Ability to advise the business teams of the Legal risks but support them to find alternative solutions.
- Ability to work independently but with the ability to ask for help when needed.
- Flexible to travel both in the UK and overseas at least once per month.
Suitable candidate will have a degree in Law/GDL/LPC (or equivalent) or be a newly qualified solicitor.
Ability to review, negotiate and draft a variety of commercial agreements and ideally experience of working in a busy law firm/in-house legal team or other commercial business.
Full time, permanent role, hours 37.5 hours a week Mon - Thurs 8am - 4.45pm and Fri 8am - 12.30pm
Salary £30,000 - £35,000pa doe